Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Steak Tartare

My first steak tartare and quite delicious! I'm not going to lie and say i had any idea what i was doing but how hard can it be right? I got some really good meat to start. I made a little vinaigrette of dijon, lemon, shallots and S&P which i tossed the meat in. You have to do this right before you serve it or the acid will start to cook the meat and it turns a little grey. For the topping i just chopped up some red onion, capers and egg. To assemble, just find a nice mold and put it all in. I chose this one because it sort of mimics the shape of the egg. I like to drizzle some good olive oil on the plate like Merula and then serve it with some caper berries and bread sticks. Delish! For my first time making tartare, i think it went quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment