Friday, August 14, 2009

My picture perfect kitchen....








My kitchen is tiny tiny tiny! It's only got two induction burners, two convection oven and a slicer. Well actually i have a mixer and a slurry of other tools but they are all hidden away in little nooks and crannies!
It's been quite the experience getting used to working in such a small place. I still feel blessed to be cooking my own food no matter what the kitchen looks like. Today i made one of my flatbread toppings that consists of a blend of roasted red peppers, caramelized onions, roasted garlic and sauteed shitake mushrooms. I dry out the stems for things like mushroom powders etc. It's a fantastic way to utilize your waste. We also put a new soup on the menu: Roasted Yam and Curry with cilantro oil, paprika and fried zucchini chips. It's divine!

My essential kitchen: all my favorite cook books, lots of vinegars and oils, citrus galore, fresh pasta and tons of produce! Yum. I'm obsessing over mushrooms right now! So many delicious varieties. All i want to do is cook mushies with lots of garlic and olive oil! So so so tasty! Clearly i'm obsessed with these purple carrots too. I mean produce just doesn't look yummier than that! Ah another order of hummus with those beautiful specimens. I better get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment